Monday, October 17, 2016

'Make Do and Mend'- Travel Shoe Bags!

I purchased some vintage linens recently...


                 ...and decided to fashion one of the heavy, loose-weave pieces....

                                               ...into a few travel shoe bags!


                                               Using wide grosgrain ribbon...


                                            ...to create the drawstring channel...


                                         ...and twill tape for the drawstring itself...


                                 I quickly stitched up six roomy travel shoe bags...


                                            ...for my globetrotting twins' 25th birthday!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

And shoe bags are really useful, aren't they!

Heather Woollove said...

Rachel- I always use them when I travel! :)